"Healthy" Banana Apple Oatmeal Cookies
This is my version of “Healthy” banana apple oatmeal cookies. This is a very easy and flexible recipe with a few simple ingredients. This recipe calls for no processed sugar, no flour, no eggs.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with oil.
- Chop all nuts and dried fruits you plan on using for your cookies.
- Peel and core apple and chop into smaller pieces (if using).
- Mash the bananas together in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, optional fruit and nuts.
- Add honey (sweetener), vanilla and optional spices and stir well.
- Scoop batter or mix by the spoonful onto prepared baking sheet 1 - 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
About three months ago, I gave up processed sugar, among many other things. If you regularly enjoy commercially made sugary foods, these cookies are probably not for you. These have enough fructose / natural sugar to satisfy my cravings, without sending me over the caloric edge.
The secret of this recipe is using the ingredients you like the best. I have made variations of this recipe with raisins, dried apricots, and dried cherries. Sub the honey for a different type of sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave sweetener to make this recipe vegan.